Yoga and Science in Pain Care: Book Club Webinar Series
June 9 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm| $39.99
Chapter 10: Ingredients for Pain Care – Nutrition and Yoga
Presenter: Matt Erb
Food can either enhance or detract from health. Food carries powerful ingredients and vast information from the environment to the body. In relation to pain we know that pain biology involves neurophysiological, inflammatory, immune, and other interacting dynamics. Properties of food can be an important part of a larger recipe of ingredients that may carry direct impact on pain biology. While it is easy to say that good nutrition is an important facet to address for persons experiencing persistent pain or other health challenges, we must bridge the gap between idealism and realism.
The concept of “food as medicine” must be mindful to not fall into preaching or privilege. Access to food and other systemic dynamics interact with each individual’s relationship with this topic. Yoga offers a framework for exploring each person’s unique makeup, history, and present relationship to food, eating, and nutrition.
Learning Objectives for Chapter 10:
- Formulate and express an understanding of evidence-informed concepts in nutrition as relates to pain biology.
- Explain links between stress, eating, and mental, emotional and behavioral health
- Apply intra- and interpersonal values/ethics to enhance one’s understanding of and approach to taking committed action around one’s relationship with food and eating
- Summarize the potential benefits of applying principles of mindfulness to one’s relationship to food and eating
- Experience principles of mindful eating to self and be able to share these principles and experiments with others
What you will learn can be effectively applied via virtual and in-person consults.
To register for just for Chapter 10 with Matt Erb (facilitated by Shelly Prosko, Marlysa Sullivan and Neil Pearson) CLICK HERE
This webinar is part of a larger webinar series. You can choose to register for individual sessions or you can register for the entire series at a discount.
The full book club webinar series consists of all 15 chapters.
Details and to sign up for the full book club webinar series (best price option) CLICK HERE.
Here is the description for the entire 15-part Book Club webinar series:
Are you looking for ways to better help people in pain? If you are, you’re not alone. It is estimated that over 1.5 billion people worldwide are affected by chronic pain. That’s 20.5% of the world population that is suffering and needs your help.
Join Neil Pearson, Shelly Prosko and Marlysa Sullivan, the co-editors of Yoga and Science in Pain Care, and 8 co-authors for the first-ever 15-part book club webinar series that will take place once per month over 15 months.
This book club webinar series is intended for:
- Practitioners including yoga therapists and healthcare practitioners interested in integrating yoga with their persistent pain population to expand their approaches in clinical practice
- Yoga teachers interested in understanding aspects of the science behind yoga and pain
- Medical/healthcare professionals who want to better understand pain or want to integrate yoga and mind/body practices
- Mind/body contemplative practitioners/researchers/clinicians who want to better understand the science around pain and how yoga as a mind/body practice works with people in pain
- Yoga practitioners or integrative health consumers who want an in-depth read with practical knowledge in this field.
- Yoga therapist programs and medical university/college programs that require online course study in pain care
- Schools that have online mind/body programs as stand-alone modules or as part of medical programs and other mind-body institutions.
- People suffering from pain, particularly those keen about learning some practices to help with pain self-care and who want to learn more about the value of integrating pain science and yoga
We also hope that this series will help bring together yoga therapists and health professionals. There is value in blending science and yoga therapy in pain care – for the person in pain, for the health professional, and for the yoga professional.
Learning Objectives for the Full Series:
- Describe the complexity of pain including the lived experience of pain and the science surrounding pain.
- Learn how yoga philosophy and practices can be used as an effective and evidence-informed intervention and provide a biopsychosocial-spiritual framework in pain care.
- Practice, experience and examine the application of yoga principles and practices in pain care that demonstrate addressing all aspects of the person in pain and the complex components of pain. Examples of case studies will be provided.
All webinars will be recorded and made available on Embodia Academy.
**If you purchase the webinar bundle, you will be provided with complimentary access to all recordings and all resources provided during the live sessions.
Here are the links one more time:
To register for all 15 webinars and get lifetime access to the replays and ones you may have missed CLICK HERE
To register just for this Chapter 10 webinar with Matt Erb (Facilitated by Marlysa, Shelly & Neil) CLICK HERE
Questions? Reach out to email@example.com