Balance Flow Yoga Series: Preventing Falls and Injuries
April 11 @ 10:30 am - 11:45 am| $150
I’m thrilled to be offering the first LIVE ONLINE 7-week Balance Flow Yoga class series based on research I collaborated in at the University of Saskatchewan.
Tuesdays April 11 – May 23, 2023
10:30 – 11:45 am MST
Online via Zoom
This 7-week class series is based on the Balance Flow Yoga intervention I co-developed for our study that evaluated the effect of yoga on the risk of falls and related injuries.
Our results showed improvements in:
- upper body landing capacity
- reaction time
- upper and lower body strength
- pelvic floor function (reduced urinary leakage/incontinence)
- balance confidence
- aspects beyond the physical as measured in our published manuscript here
People who can benefit from attending include:
- Anyone interested in improving their balance and/or reduce the consequence of falling, if a fall is unavoidable
- Anyone wanting to increase balance confidence, core awareness and strength, upper body strength and controlled landing capacity as tools for injury risk reduction and fall prevention
- Anyone who wants to enhance pelvic floor health
- Yoga teachers or professionals who want to learn how to offer this type of class in their communities
- Anyone interested in trying yoga for the first time!
You can learn more about the components of the class and the study here
**Register for this unique and exciting 7-week series HERE**
This series is more than just about improving your balance!
$200 USD (if you register after March 31, 2023)
$150 USD (early bird — for those who register before March 31, 2023)
- 7 live-online sessions with Shelly Prosko where you can interact and ask questions:
–> 1 x 75-minute live presentation to introduce the research and theory behind Balance Flow Yoga (includes Q&A)
–> 6 x 75-minute Balance Flow Yoga classes guided by Shelly
- 1-Year unlimited access to recordings of all 7 session videos so you can continue to participate in Balance Flow Yoga and enjoy the benefits as described in the research.
DISCLAIMERS and important notes:
*Balance supervision or assistance will not be provided in this online setting. For this series, there will be a focus on standing balance activities and challenges; therefore, in order to receive the intended benefits from the class and to optimize safety, it is recommended that participants be able to stand and walk independently and safely.
*Options will always be offered such as use of chairs and walls for additional support and safety. It is the responsibility of each participant to discern the level of support they may require.
**This class is not intended to act as therapy, medical advice or treatment. As with any activity, please receive clearance to participate in movement classes from your licensed healthcare provider before participating.
About Shelly Prosko, PT, C-IAYT, PCAYT:
Shelly is a physiotherapist, yoga therapist, educator, author and pioneer of PhysioYoga with over 25 years of experience integrating yoga into physiotherapy within a variety of specialty areas such as pelvic health, chronic pain, professional burnout and overall health and well-being promotion and creation.
She co-developed the Balance Flow Yoga intervention for research at the School of Rehabilitation Science, at the University of Saskatchewan, Canada. Shelly teaches at several yoga, yoga therapy and physiotherapy schools, presents at yoga and medical conferences globally, contributes to academic research and writing, provides resources for the general population, and offers continuing education courses and mentorship for yoga and healthcare professionals. She considers herself a lifelong student and emphasizes the immense value gained from clinical experience and learning from the patients she serves, the professionals she teaches, and the colleagues with which she collaborates.
Shelly has authored numerous book chapters in yoga therapy and integrative rehabilitation textbooks and is the co-editor/author of the book Yoga and Science in Pain Care: Treating the Person in Pain. She maintains a clinical practice in Sylvan Lake, Alberta and believes compassion is the foundation of health and healthcare. Please visit www.physioyoga.ca to learn more.
REGISTER for Shelly’s 7-week Balance Flow Yoga Series HERE to join her LIVE ONLINE and also receive access to all 7 recordings to review and continue to participate for an entire year.